Latest News ...... Wednesday, 18th September ..... Both teams are away from home.....The 1st Team are at Runcorn Town, kick off 7.45pm.....The Reserves are at Burnley United, kick off 7.30pm.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Sponsorship Brochure 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock won 1-0 in the midweek fixture at Ashton Athletic. Ash Young scored the goal for the Villagers.
Ashton Athletic 0 Charnock Richard 1

Tuesday 9th April 2019, Hallmark Security League Premier Division


Attendance : 93


Charnock Richard: Kyle Haslam, Spencer Bibby, James Walker, Ashley Young, Oliver Turner, Ross O'Farrell, Matt Davison, Nathan Fairhust, Carl Grimshaw (capt), Joe Noblet, Troy Carsley.
Subs : Oliver Oxley, Jacob Higham (for Carsley, 80'), Owen Morris, Alex Dodd.
Yellow cards : Bibby

Padiham: Martin Pearson, Saul Guffog, Declan Gallagher, Aaron Cringle (capt), Luca Defraitas-Hanson, Calum Wilson, Matthew Reid, Charlie Munro, Daniel Smith, Christopher Bandell, Daniel Nicholson.
Subs : Christopher Webster, Decland McLoughlin (for Munro, 63'), Harry Johnson (for Smith, 74'), Kyle Simpson.
Yellow cards : Gallagher, Munro, Defraitas-Hanson

Charnock were made to work hard in this latest match in the Hallmark Security League Premier Division as they overcame a resilient Ashton Athletic outfit at Brocstedes Park.

Andy Westwell made two changes to the line up which lost to Irlam 10 days ago, bringing back Matt Davison which forced Jake Higham onto the bench, and keeper Kyle Haslam returned to the starting eleven.

Charnock got the game underway and won an early corner inside the opening minute with Matthew Reid heading away from a pressing Carl Grimshaw, but the corner was easily dealt with by the Ashton back line. Joe Noblet looked to get into the game early, and saw a volleyed effort comfortably saved by Martin Pearson in the Ashton goal. A couple of corners ensued for Charnock but resulting in nothing more than them being cleared by the defence. Kyle Haslam had to be on hand at the other end saving well from striker Daniel Smith, who touched Reid's whipped cross from the right towards goal. Noblet was further denied by a block in the Ashton penalty area as he struck to goal. On the quarter-hour, Grimshaw could've done better with a cross from Matt Davison, but headed wide the centre. Grimshaw then headed over a long ball from Bibby as Charnock started to get a grip of the game in the 20th minute. Grimshaw was again on hand to strike from 30 yards following a cut back from Carsley on the wing, but this time it flew a couple of yards wide of Pearson's right hand post. Pearson had to be alert on the half hour, tipping over Davison's 30 yard effort. Down the other end, Josh Nicholson's went into the hands of Haslam via a Young deflection. Just before the break, Davison was away down the right side, but Gallagher upended the Charnock winger and received a caution for the tackle. Bibby's resultant free kick was tipped over by Pearson for a corner which proved to be the last action of the half.

No changes at the break for either side as referee Mr. Ryder got the teams underway for the restart. The corner kicks continued to flow and Davison's cross came off the legs of Gallagher. Moments later, Carsley's shot was deflected off the legs of an Ashton player in the box and behind for another set piece. Turner got onto the cross in, but Grimshaw couldn't finish with a weak flick to goal. The home side made the first change on 63 minutes, replacing Munro with McLoughlin, and within a minute the substitute had a strike on goal, firing just over from 25 yards. The pivotal moment in the match came halfway through the second half. A run down the left by Davison was halted inside the right channel, and a well flighted Noblet free kick to the back post was initially headed down by Carsley, Grimshaw somewhat connecting with a scissor kick and the ball fell kindly to Ash YOUNG to turn home from 5 yards. Ashton to their credit didn't stop attacking, Reid sent in a piledriver from distance which ended wide, and the same man clipped the bar with a looping shot. Nicholson was next to have a go, twisting around Turner, and scooping the shot over the bar from just inside the area. McLoughlin hit one over the bar again as the Ashton attacks kept coming. Charnock weren't without trying to kill the game off though, a decent save from Pearson denied Davison as he raced clear from a long ball, parrying the shot taking the power off the ball to allow a clearance from inside the 6 yard box. Noblet was next to test the Ashton defence, skipping round a challenge on the byline, and seeing his shot from a tight angle cleared off the line by Calum Wilson. A couple of free kicks at the death for Ashton, including one which saw Kyle Haslam make the save of the night from Reid, parrying away the 20 yard free kick for a corner. A last chance set piece was awared as Spencer Bibby was booked for shirt pulling, but Charnock held on for the win and to take all three points back up the M6.

The Greens are next in action at home to champion chasing Bootle this Saturday (13th), kick-off 3.00pm at Mossie Park.

Ian Livesey

Club Sponsors