Latest News.....Pre Season friendly fixture....Tuesday evening, 16th July.....The 1st Team are at home against LANCASTER CITY, kick off 7.45pm
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Sponsorship Brochure 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock Richard moved through to the Fourth Round of the Lancashire FA Amateur Shield following a 5-3 victory over Ladybridge at Mossie Park. David Burrows scored a hat-trick with Carl Grimshaw and Josh Norgate scoring the other goals.
The Reserves ran out 2-0 winners at Lostock St Gerards with goals from Patrik Bibby and Matt Mawdesley.
The Academy lost 4-3 in a close game at home to Wilbraham with the goals coming from Connor White, Joe Burton and Ryan Elston.
Charnock Richard 5 Ladybridge 3

Saturday 24th October 2015 Lancashire FA Amateur Shield Third Round


Team: Bates, S Bibby (Dashti 45), Ashcroft, R Schofield (Ja Sanderson 44), O’Farrell, Fletcher, Prout (Bennett 78), Norgate, Grimshaw, Burrows, Swarbrick. UNUSED SUBS: Murdoch and Vaulks

Charnock Richard moved through to the Fourth Round of the Lancashire FA Amateur Shield at the expense of First Division side Ladybridge following this 5-3 success at Mossie Park. Despite the score-line, the visitors gave an admirable display and made the homesters work very hard for their eventual success. Six goals were netted before the interval, four of them for Charnock in an entertaining and open game of football and although the second period was a little less spectacular in comparison, the visitors remained a handful right to the end, to make it a fine and intriguing cup tie. David Burrows was again the Charnock hero with a hat-trick.

The Charnock line-up showed a few changes from the previous weekend’s league encounter against Eagley. Spencer Bibby returned at right full-back replacing Damian Dashti who dropped to the bench. Ryan Schofield and Ross O’Farrell came into the centre of defence replacing Oliver Vaulks who dropped to the bench, and skipper Josh Norgate who moved to midfield, in turn replacing Jack Bennett who also dropped to the bench.

The sun began to peep through the clouds as the game kicked off following a very grey and damp autumnal morning. Indeed, Charnock it was who got the game underway facing the ‘Mawdesley Plantation’ end and within a minute opened the score when a CARL GRIMSHAW header deflected off the shoulder of a defender on its way into the net following a well directed corner kick on the right by Lewis Swarbrick. It was Grimshaw’s sixteenth strike of the campaign. The visitors were on the back foot and conceded a second on 10 minutes when Mike Fletcher found David Burrows in space down the right with an astute pass and the strikers swirling cross was fired home at the back post by Charnock’s inrushing skipper JOSH NORGATE. These setbacks only seemed to spur on Ladybridge who played some good football as they attempted to get back into the game. A slick and purposeful move through the middle on 17 minutes almost saw the visitors reduce the deficit when a long range drive by Scott Adamson went just wide. Charnock however were running matters and came within inches of adding a third goal on 24 minutes. Fletcher played a neat one-two with Spencer Bibby and the full back was denied by a last ditch tackle as he moved in for the kill. Within three minutes though ‘The Villagers’ did score a third goal when DAVID BURROWS picked up a loose ball before firing a curling shot in off the far goalpost to give Ladybridge goalkeeper, Paris Nuttall no chance of saving. It must be said that the move had come about after the visitors appeared to have had a genuine claim for handball. The home side continued to dominate play and nearly added goal number four on 29 minutes when Burrows found Swarbrick just inside the six yard box but a smart intervention by Ross Ellison prevented a goal at the expense of a corner. The ever industrious Harry Brazel forced his way through the Charnock defence on 34 minutes only to see his tremendous rising dive thunder from the underside of the crossbar and before home goalkeeper, Gavin Bates, could react, MIKE MCGINLAY touched home the rebound to give his side a lifeline. Two minutes later DAVID BURROWS restored Charnock’s three-goal lead when he finished off a neat three-man move to score his second of the afternoon after Grimshaw had put Swarbrick away on the right, and the striker fired the resultant cross home confidently. Ladybridge were not giving up without a fight and showed plenty of character as they continued to push forward at every given opportunity. A McGinlay free-kick from the edge of the box on 40 minutes grazed the crossbar before the Lostock side once again reduced the arrears on the stroke of halftime when a well directed through-ball from Brazel caught the home defenders flat-footed and former Eagley striker, SAM PARKINSON, took advantage to round Bates before placing the ball into the empty net.

It had been a whirlwind first-half and though the second period would never reproduce the pacy thrust of the first-half, it remained an intriguing contest right to the end in the best traditions of this grand old county competition. Brazel was again involved for the visitors just after the break when firing just over at the ‘back stick’ following a free-kick, whilst at the other end a cross from deep on the right from substitute Damian Dashti, was headed over at the back post by fellow substitute, Jamie Sanderson. The game swung one way and then the other with Grimshaw firing just beyond the post for Charnock on 51 minutes whilst seconds later a Parkinson effort at the other end met with the same fate. Nuttall came out to smother a shot at the feet of Sanderson on the hour mark following some delightful play by Burrows who was proving an increasing menace to the visitor’s rearguard. Ladybridge continued to prove a handful for the Premier Division highfliers with some confident play and looked capable of grabbing further goals. The match was put beyond the visitors reach with a fifth Charnock goal on 67 minutes when Ladybridge conceded a penalty kick after Ellison handled in the box. DAVID BURROWS smashed his spot-kick home to claim his hat-trick and draw level with Carl Grimshaw on 16 goals for the season. Josh Norgate just failed to connect with a Swarbrick corner-kick from the left on 71 minutes for Charnock but the visitors had the final say, in what had been a very entertaining afternoon of football, on 75 minutes when they scored a third goal. SAM PARKINSON weaved his way through the static home defence before firing home in style. However, it was Charnock Richard who held on to advanced to the Quarter-Finals on the 14th November.

Dave Rowland

Club Sponsors