Latest News....Bank Holiday Weekend Friday 25th May to Monday 28th May....CHARNOCK RICHARD BEER & MUSIC FESTIVAL....Great Beers, Cider & Food....Live Music....Free Admission....Everyone Welcome.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Useful Links 
Photo Gallery 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock drew 2-2 with Stockport Town at Mossie Park with Carl Grimshaw and Ross O'farrell scoring the goals.
The Academy had a fine 7-0 win over Eccleston and Heskin Reserves again at home with new signing Lewis Pilgrim scoring five goals and Tom Charnley and Matt Connah adding the other two.
Charnock Richard 2 Stockport Town 2

Saturday 14th January 2017 - Hallmark Security League Division 1


Att: 100

Team: Adam Halton, Spencer Bibby, Ross O’Farrell, Mike Fletcher, Luke Gibson, Anthony Hough (Lewis Swarbrick 71), Mark Adams, Nathan Fairhurst, Carl Grimshaw, Oliver Evans (Jon Hession 45), Josh Norgate. Subs: (Not Used) Danny Marland, Damian Dashti, David Prout.

Charnock’s disappointing home record continued with this 2-2 draw against Stockport Town. The Villagers took the lead in the first half but the visitors almost immediately equalised in a 45 minutes that saw little quality football. Charnock stepped their game up considerably in the second period, regained the lead but failed to score further goals despite dominating play and the visitors having a player sent off. Stockport cashed in on a goalkeeping error in the closing minutes to grab a point.

Stockport Town’s season, in which they were handily placed in the top half of the table, reached crisis point just before Christmas when their manager and most of their players quit the club to sign on at New Mills. It was a case of having to rebuild their squad at short notice and after a disastrous 10-0 defeat by City of Liverpool they had drawn their previous two games.

Charnock made several changes, some positional, from the side that lost to Litherland REMYCA two weeks previously. Mark Adams was available again and came in on the right. There was a start for Oliver Evans in place of Danny Marland who was on the bench. Ross O‘Farrell moved to left back with Spencer Bibby reverting to right back. Luke Gibson started for the injured Ryan Schofield. Josh Norgate started in the unusual position of left side of midfield. David Prout back from injury was on the bench.

It was an overcast, cold afternoon and the attendance of 100 was the lowest at Mossie Park this season. As usual at this time of the year the pitch cut up somewhat and was not very conducive to the Villagers style of play but it was no excuse for the disappointing display produced by Charnock in the first half. They started well enough forcing a corner in the first minute from which Luke Gibson headed over the bar at the near post and there was a great chance for Evans to give them the lead when keeper Danny Whiting cleared the ball straight to him on 13 minutes, clear on goal Oliver hesitated enough to see defenders get back to block his first shot and he hit the rebound over the bar. A goalkeeping error saw Charnock take the lead on 18 minutes, Spencer Bibby lobbed a ball into the area GRIMSHAW challenged Whiting as he came out to collect and he dropped the ball and Carl rifled the loose ball into the net. The keeper claimed that he was fouled but there did not seem to be any contact from the side-lines and the referee awarded the goal. Charnock’s lead did not last very long, just two minutes later, a right wing corner was headed clear by Norgate but the ball was returned into the area, Jon Hurst found Devlin and he swept the ball beyond Halton into the net.
Charnock’s heads seemed to drop following the goal and the following 25 minutes saw the Villagers produce a performance that was as poor as any so far this season. The visitors have rebuilt a decent squad and they proved to worthy opponents particularly in the first half. Spencer Bibby shot into the side netting after Grimshaw set him up as the half came to a close and Grimshaw from wide on the left saw his shot cum centre rebound off the back post. Hurst produced a powerful shot which Adam Halton got down to parry and Fletcher cleared the loose ball.

Jon Hession replaced Evans for the start of the second half. Straight away the visitors’ goal came under pressure and it did not take long before the Villagers took the lead. A Bibby free kick from the right caused problems for Stockport and a ball seemed to be headed off the line before in the scramble ROSS O’FARRELL hit a shot into the net on 47 minutes. It was Ross’s first goal of the season and only his second in over 70 appearances for the first team. Three minutes later Stockport were down to 10 men when Stubbs was sent off for a second yellow card. Charnock maintained their dominance and little was seen of the visitors’ attack, they were now producing football more like the standard that has been the norm this season, the Stockport goal was under almost constant attack. However, credit to Town’s defence because chances for Charnock were few and after an early lack of confidence Danny Whiting produced a fine performance in goal. Josh Norgate set up Grimshaw for a header which the goalkeeper turned over the bar and a Spencer Bibby shot was turned around the post by the keeper. Hough shot well wide after a Bibby free kick was cleared out to him and Josh Norgate shot narrowly past a post after an interchange of passes with Adams. Grimshaw headed narrowly over the bar from a O’Farrell cross and possibly the best chance came for Jon Hession when he broke clear but his shot hit the advancing Whiting. A lead of 2-1 is slender and there was always the chance that the opposition will have one chance to equalise and Stockport’s came in the 87th minute. They had not troubled Adam Halton in the second half and that was possibly part of the reason that he failed to hold onto a ball when it appeared to be safely in his hands and Daryll Grant nipped in to shoot into the empty net. Adam will be very disappointed but he must remember all the fine saves he has produced since he signed in August a considerable amount of Charnock’s success so far this season has been down to some of his impressive displays. In fact both goalkeepers should reflect on the performance of keeper Hugo Lloris of Tottenhan Hotspur and France who also split the ball to gift Manchester City a goal on Saturday. He allegedly earns in one week more than either of the keepers in this match possibly collect in five years! In the closing minutes Luke Gibson had a glorious chance for Charnock to claim all three points but his header lacked power and was cleared.

Charnock had enough possession to have won this match but they paid the price of a very disappointing performance in the first half. Saturday 28th January sees the Villagers at home again this time hosts to Sandbach United. Kick Off is 3.00pm.

Keith Reader

Club Sponsors