Latest News....Bank Holiday Weekend Friday 25th May to Monday 28th May....CHARNOCK RICHARD BEER & MUSIC FESTIVAL....Great Beers, Cider & Food....Live Music....Free Admission....Everyone Welcome.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Useful Links 
Photo Gallery 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock drew 0-0 with Silsden in the midweek fixture at Mossie Park.
Charnock Richard 0 Silsden 0

Tuesday 21st March 2017 Hallmark Security League Division 1


Att: 113

Team: Adam Halton, Spencer Bibby, Josh Norgate, Luke Gibson (Anthony Hough 84), Ryan Schofield, Ashley Young, Danny Smith, Ross O’Farrell, Carl Grimshaw, Jon Hession (Sam Parkinson 70), Tom Murphy (Oliver Evans 69). Subs: (Not Used) Damian Dashti, Jack Sanders.

The failure to convert two penalties resulted in Charnock failing to claim three important points in this very evenly matched game against Silsden. The visitors were the better side in a first half that saw very little action in either penalty area. The Villagers, having looked very lethargic in the opening 45 minutes, stepped up their game in the second half and both teams created a number of chances and consequently the crowd of 113 were eventually suitably entertained on a very chilly evening.

Understandably there was only one change to the side that won at Litherland REMYCA, Tom Murphy made his debut replacing the injured Joe Fielding. Oliver Evans, Sam Parkinson and Anthony Hough all returned and joined Damian Dashti and Jack Sanders on the bench.

There were no problems with the pitch despite the postponed game against Prestwich Heys on the previous Saturday but there was a gusty wind that gave some advantage to the team kicking towards the Charter Lane end. The visitors won the toss and Charnock kicked off playing towards the Mawdesley Plantation end. Charnock had most of the early possession, in fact Adam Halton did not touch the ball until the 11th minute, but the Silsden defence was not troubled. The first real goal threat came in 12th minute when Storrie cut in from the left, past Bibby and Smith, to deliver a cross that saw a header go just past the post. Charnock responded with Grimshaw putting Jon Hession in but he scuffed his shot and it was an easy save for Callum Jakovlevs in the Silsden goal.
Charnock were looking very disjointed and the visitors really took control of the game with Ben Cox in midfield orchestrating most of their attacks but for all their dominance Halton was not really troubled. Too many poor passes and what appeared to be a lack of real effort from the team in green left their supporters disappointed. A couple of chances came Silsden’s way around the half hour mark, a deep cross from the right dropped over Bibby’s head but Storrie’s header was easily saved by Halton. Then a good 2-1 down the visitor’s right saw Moses produce a shot that went just over the bar. Although Grimshaw shot wide on the stroke of half time from a good position it did not really matter as he was offside. After the excellent display at Litherland 10 days earlier virtually the same group players had produced a very disappointing performance in the first 45 minutes.

As expected the second half saw Charnock pick up their game and they were much more on the pace. Hession was in early in the half but was offside but the visitors had the best chance of the game so far after 49 minutes a free kick came back off the bar to Danny Bunch but he shot wide. Charnock responded with Young producing a fine snap shot which Jakovlevs did well to get down and turn the ball away for a corner. The game had now swung much more Charnock’s way and when Smith burst into the area on 57 minutes he was tripped and the Villagers had a chance to take the lead. Spencer Bibby has converted five penalties with great confidence this season but he never looked comfortable taking this spot kick and it lacked power and the keeper made a fine save turning the ball out for a corner. Jon Hession made a good run cross field but his attempt to play in Smith on the right was too close to the keeper. An in-swinging corner for the visitors caused problems on 64 minutes but Gibson headed clear from near the goal line. Ross O’Farrell burst forward down the left but his cross was just too high for Grimshaw. After a disappointing first half there was now far more action in both penalty areas. A ball from deep by Norgate saw Grimshaw bring the ball down on his chest but his shot was off target but it was a good effort. Storrie for Silsden got to the right by-line and his centre was scrambled clear but when the ball was returned Halton dropped it luckily there were no opponents around to take advantage. Charnock introduced Oliver Evans for Tom Murphy and then Sam Parkinson replaced Jon Hession. Immediately there was an almighty scramble in the Slisden penalty area but the ball did not just drop kindly for the Villagers. Straight away Silsden broke clear and brought a good save out of Halton. On 72 minutes a throw in to Parkinson on the left saw him lay the ball off to Evans who played a delightful ball to Grimshaw and his dipping shot was superbly turned over the bar by Jakovlevs. A left wing corner found the head of Grimshaw but the ball was diverted for a corner. Norgate did really well to cut out another break by Silsden but his ball up the line was intercepted and Charnock had to be thankful for Schofield diverting a shot for a corner. Charnock had another chance to take the lead from the spot on 77 minutes when the keeper came out to fell Danny Smith, this time Sam Parkinson stepped up to take the spot kick which this time did not lack power but sailed over the bar. Charnock kept plugging away and one could only wonder that if they had shown as much effort in the first half they might have won despite the missed penalties. Anthony Hough came on for Luke Gibson and added some pace and aggression in midfield but there was always a threat that the visitors would nick a goal. The closest they came was when Storrie again got clear on the right but Halton turned his shot out for a corner at the near post.

Once again Charnock had failed to claim three points at home, their lack of success has been surprising given their record at Mossie Park in previous seasons and their exceptional away success so far this season. In the coming weeks Charnock are going to be calling on their full playing resources as two matches at least a week becomes normal with any further postponed games resulting in the team playing Tuesdays and Thursdays. So the imminent return of Nathan Fairhurst and Mike Fletcher from injury with give them an added boost.

On Saturday 25th March Charnock travel to Daisy Hill with a 3.00pm kick off. Wednesday 29th March will see Charnock taking on Prestwich Heys at Mossie Park, Kick off as usual 7.45pm.

Keith Reader

Club Sponsors