Latest News....Bank Holiday Weekend Friday 25th May to Monday 28th May....CHARNOCK RICHARD BEER & MUSIC FESTIVAL....Great Beers, Cider & Food....Live Music....Free Admission....Everyone Welcome.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Useful Links 
Photo Gallery 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock win 7-0 at Daisy Hill with two goals from Carl Grimshaw and a debutant goal from Matt Davison. Spencer Bibby, Danny Smith, Anthony Hough and Jon Hession added the other goals.
Daisy Hill 0 Charnock Richard 7

Saturday 25th March 2017 Hallmark Security League Division 1


Att: 102

Team, Adam Halton, Spencer Bibby (Jack Sanders 73), Josh Norgate, Ross O’Farrell, Ryan Schofield, Ashley Young, Matt Davison, Anthony Hough (Luke Gibson 70), Carl Grimshaw, Jon Hession, Danny Smith (Damian Dashti 68).

After a slow start at New Sirs, Charnock ran up their record win in the North West Counties League, 7-0 against Daisy Hill to move into third place in the table. Three goals in the first half gave the Villagers a comfortable lead at half time but they could not afford to slacken off as the previous week Sandbach United had also led Daisy Hill 3-0 at the interval but had finished up leaving with only one point following a 3-3 draw. On this occasion however Charnock stuck to their task and the final score could well have been into two figures with at least three “how did he miss that chance” situations. Their goal difference improved to 45 which is only second to City of Liverpool’s 59 and could well be important when the sort out comes at the end of April.

With both Sam Parkinson and Oliver Evans joining Nathan Fairhurst, Mike Fletcher, Joe Fielding and Mark Adams on the injury list, there were four changes to the starting line up from the side that drew with Silsden in midweek. Luke Gibson dropped to the bench with Ross O’Farrell moving back into central defence, Anthony Hough came into midfield and Danny Smith moved from the right of midfield to the left and Matt Davison, who had arrived from Daisy Hill two days earlier, made his debut on the right of midfield.

It was a sunny, early Spring afternoon with little wind, excellent conditions for playing football. The pitch was still recovering from the previous week’s deluge and proved to be a challenge for both sides. The attendance of 102 reflected a considerable number of travelling supporters.

Charnock kicked off playing towards the clubhouse end and it was a slow start from both teams. Daisy Hill created the first opening, Adam Halton had to be on his toes to come out and catch the ball from just in front of the home side’s leading goal scorer Ashley Stott (35 goals from 35 appearances). Charnock responded with Hession just arriving a split second too late to convert a Grimshaw centre from the right. The home side adopted a very direct style of play which under the conditions was probably sensible and Charnock tended in the early stages of the game to copy them. However, the long ball game does not really suit the Villagers and their game picked up once they had adapted to the underfoot conditions. After a scrappy opening quarter of an hour Charnock began to take charge with Haynes in the home goal fumbling a Danny Smith shot from distance and newcomer Matt Davidson firing wide after Norgate had got to the by-line on the left. Jon Hession appeared to be pushed in the back as he drove into the penalty area after 21 minutes but the referee took no action before Charnock took the lead on 25 minutes. Danny Smith centred from the left and Haynes in goal fumbled a header that lacked power from ANTHONY HOUGH and the ball was in the net. Charnock maintained the pressure with both Davidson and Hession shooting wide. Little was seen of the home attack with Ryan Schofield and Ross O’Farrell dominant in the Charnock defence. Debutant MATT DAVISON put down an early mark in his career at Mossie Park by scoring Charnock’s second goal after 32 minutes, Grimshaw played him clear and he made no mistake in beating his previous playing college Craig Haynes. Stott appeared to be pushed over in the penalty box but the referee waved play on. On 40 minutes Haynes blocked two shots from Smith before another shot hit a defender and then Davidson’s effort was diverted for a corner. Young headed into the keeper’s arms at the back post from a left wing corner before DANNY SMITH scored Charnock’s third goal on 44 minutes. The home defence failed to clear, the ball looped into the air and Danny headed into an empty net. There was still time for Davidson to shoot narrowly over the bar.

The second half started with the home team coming out showing a little more endeavour but within three minutes Hession had gone clear to shoot narrowly past the post and from then on it was how many would the Villagers score? Danny Smith managed to put a right wing cross wide from right in front of the goal. A neat move down the right saw Hough play BIBBY in to score through the keeper’s legs after 56 minutes ensuring that there was to be no come back from the home team. Both teams started to use their substitutes after 68 minutes and Damian Dashti almost scored seconds after replacing Hough, Haynes making a flying save to his powerful shot. Understandably the home side were struggling and the introduction of all three of their substitutes failed to stem the almost constant Charnock attacks. CARL GRIMSHAW finally got onto the score sheet after 70 minutes, calmly converting when a right wing cross found him unmarked in front of goal. Dashti then had another shot beaten out by the keeper. JON HESSION put a cross over the bar from close in before intercepting an opponent’s pass to beat Haynes after 82 minutes. Ashley Young had a header past the post from a Dashti centre and another of Damian’s crosses saw Hession hit the post when it looked easier to score. In the 88th minute a fine long distance pass from Ross O’Farrell gave GRIMSHAW the chance to beat Haynes at his near post and Charnock recorded a 7-0 victory to beat the 6-1 win over Cheadle back in October.

The Villagers have two games in the next seven days, Prestwich Heys on Wednesday 29th March at Mossie Park kick off 7.45pm and an away fixture at Alsager Town on Saturday 1st April kick off 3.00pm. A coach will be running from the club for the fixture next Saturday.

Keith Reader

Club Sponsors