Latest News ..... Saturday, 20th April..... The 1st Team drew 1-1 at 1874 Northwich .....The Reserves lost 4-3 at home to Walney Island.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Useful Links 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock lose 2-1 to 1874 Northwich at The St Luke's Barton Stadium. Carl Grimshaw scored the goal.
The Reserves win 4-3 at home to Walney Island. John Sanderson 2, Christian Hurst and Lewis Pilgrim score the goals.
The Academy, in their final game of the season, lose 2-1 at Springfields.
1874 Northwich 2 Charnock Richard 1

Saturday 28th April 2018, North West Counties League Premier Division


Attendance 224

Team: Adam Halton, Spencer Bibby, Jordyn Fitton, Ashley Young, Ross O’Farrell, Mark Woods, Matt Davison (Tyler Rufus 62), Nathan Fairhurst, Carl Grimshaw, Joe Noblet, Alex Ralph (Alex Dodd 83). Subs: (Not Used) Harvey Close, Ryan Schofield, James Walker.

After very successful runs in the FA Cup and FA Vase, 1874 Northwich are having to play up to four games a week in order to complete their league fixtures. However, they shrugged off any signs of weariness to record a 2-1 win to revenge their 4-2 defeat at Mossie Park earlier in the month. After a disappointing start, Charnock produced some decent football but 1874 took the lead in added time of the first half. Charnock were not so successful in the second period and 1874 increased their lead with about a quarter of an hour remaining. However Charnock pulled a goal back with five minutes left and it resulted in a tense finish to the game.

There were two changes to the starting line-up with Spencer Bibby returning at right back for Harvey Close and Joe Noblet taking over the No. 10 shirt from Tyler Rufus. James Walker had not recovered from injury sufficiently to start but was on the bench with Close, Rufus, Alex Dodd and Ryan Schofield.

It was a sunny afternoon and the pitch was playable but uneven after all the recent inclement weather and consequently Charnock struggled to achieve their usual level of passing football. The Villagers had a nightmare start with 1874 having a couple of chances in the first two minutes and then Alex Ralph clearing a shot off the line. The Villagers were struggling to get out of their own half but the game began to settle down and Charnock at last had their fair share of the possession. A good run by Matt Davison saw him run out of space just before the bye-line and then Noblet had a shot from out on the left that never really threatened the goal. Neither side were creating chances. Sam Hind’s left footed shot was deflected over the bar after 24 minutes. The resulting short corner saw the same player hook the ball wide from close in. A long ball down the right saw Adam Halton come out and slip over but Jackson failed to take advantage, hitting his shot on the empty goal well wide. Carl Grimshaw had a header wide of the post before on 39 minutes a free kick from the left saw Grimshaw again get his head to the ball and it almost dropped for Davison in front of goal. Bibby advanced through midfield and his shot cum cross went beyond the far post. A left wing corner saw Halton punch clear, Jack Pritchard picked up the ball but shot wide. Charnock’s best chance of the half came on 45 minutes when Grimshaw poked the ball just wide from close range. Just when it looked as the half would be goalless, Northwich went down the right on 45+2 minutes and the cross found the unmarked Sam Hind and he found the top corner of the net. After a disappointing start the Villagers had looked the better side and were unlucky to go in a goal down at the interval.

After playing some good football in the first half Charnock did not reach the same standards in the second period. An early move down the right saw a defender have to turn a Davison cross out for a corner. Bibby delivered a diagonal cross and when the ball came out to Noblet he shot beyond the angle of the goal. On 59 minutes 1874 broke in numbers and Bibby did well to get across to concede a corner. Tyler Rufus came on for Matt Davison after 62 minutes. A long free kick gave Grimshaw the chance to spin on the edge of the area and hit a shot over the bar. The home team increased their lead on 73 minutes, again 1874 broke in numbers and when O’Farrell missed a header from a long ball, Bibby was left facing two attackers and McGowen had an easy task of shooting past Halton. A long free kick from the Charnock half was cleared out to Noblet but he shot over the bar. On 83 minutes a good move by Charnock finished with Noblet shooting into the side netting. Alex Ralph was replaced by Alex Dodd. The Villagers pulled a goal back on 85 minutes, another decent move put GRIMSHAW in on the right of the six yard box and he fired into the net. The home side were now under pressure and Rufus had a powerful shot deflected for a corner. The referee played almost five minutes added time and with Northwich taking every opportunity to waste time and their supporters shouting for the final whistle it was a very tense finish to the game.

Charnock’s next game is on Thursday 3rd May when they go to the The Ambitek Stadium to play Irlam. Kick-Off is 7.45pm. On Saturday 5th May Charnock play their last home fixture when Hanley Town are the visitors Kick-Off 3.00pm.

Keith Reader

Club Sponsors