Latest News.....Pre Season friendly fixtures.....Saturday, 20th July.....The 1st Team are at home against CLITHEROE, kick off 3pm.....The Reserves make the short journey to face Standish St Wilfreds, kick off 2pm.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Sponsorship Brochure 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock were dealt a lesson in finishing as they came away empty handed following a 4-0 defeat at Runcorn Town.
Runcorn Town 4 Charnock Richard 0

Wednesday 21st Nov 2018, Hallmark Security League Premier Division


Attendance : 106


Charnock Richard: Adam Halton, Oliver Turner (for Troy Carsley 74'), James Walker, Ross O'Farrell, Ryan Schofield, Mark Woods, Joe Noblet (for Matt Davison 66'), Nathan Fairhurst, Carl Grimshaw (capt), Mark Adams (for Oli Oxley 66'), Ashley Ball.
Yellow cards : Ball

Runcorn Town: Adam Reid, Liam Turner, Joe Heath, Marcus James, John Shaw, Carl Rodgers, Jamie Menagh, Harry Brazel, Gaz Burnett, Simon Thelwell (capt), Dale Jennings.
Subs: (Not Used) Danny Jarrett, Steve Wainwright.
Yellow cards : Heath, Thelwell, Rodgers, Menagh

Charnock were dealt a lesson in finishing by third placed Runcorn Town on a cold crisp evening in Cheshire.

A minutes silence was impeccably held for the passing of AFC Liverpool joint manager Ben Williams, before Runcorn Town got the game underway.

It took just over 3 minutes for the home side to go ahead. In the first meaningful attack of the game, a deep cross from the right by Harry Brazel floated over the majority of players in the six yard box, and Simon THELWELL managed to head in from close range at the back post. This awoke Charnock as they attempted to get back into the game. An Ash Ball free kick on the right was fed to Noblet via Grimshaw, but his low cross to the far post was beaten away for a corner. Runcorn attacked with ease down the wings as Jennings went down the left to cross in for Burnett, but the forward couldn't connect from the well worked cross. Charnock had the ball in the net on the quarter-hour mark, but Grimshaw was adjudged to be offside by the official from Noblet's free kick. Just after 15 minutes, Grimshaw's blast towards goal was well parried by Reid, but Woods' corner landed on the roof of the net. A minute later, and Runcorn had a penalty. A soft foul on Jennings by Noblet gave the referee no option, and JENNINGS, the former Bayern Munich man, duly converted from the spot to double the lead. Ash Ball came close to reducing the deficit but he volleyed Woods' free kick wide. Thelwell at the other end almost increased the Runcorn lead, but he headed over the bar from a centre. Ten minutes before the end of the half saw Grimshaw receive the ball with his back to goal, but just as he was about to pull the trigger, Shaw cleared the ball away.

Twenty seconds into the second half, and Charnock had the chance to half the arrears. Mark Adams was brought down in the box as he slipped past a defender. But James Walker's well struck penalty was equally well saved by Adam Reid in the Runcorn goal. Five minutes later, the killer blow was struck, Dale JENNINGS, man of the match for the home side, latched onto a ball from the right, and placed the shot with power into the bottom right of Halton's goal. Harry Brazel, who was a close second for their man of the match, was pulling the strings in midfield. He weaved his way past Ross O'Farrell on 55 minutes, and brought a good save from Halton to deny him. Grimshaw came close again just before the hour mark, but this time the ball was collected by Reid just in front of the Charnock marksman. Just after the hour, a long ball from Turner was picked up by Grimshaw, it drew Reid out but 'Grimmy' couldn't add the finishing touch as his shot went wide. Down the other end, Brazel's hard work saw him slip the ball through to substitute Kevin Exell, but his chipped shot drifted wide of the far post. A Carl Grimshaw header over the crossbar was followed by Runcorn's fourth. A 30 yard low shot by BRAZEL beat Adam Halton and crept in at his right hand post. Adam Halton made small amends as he prevented a fifth, parrying sub McManus' shot.

The Villagers are next in action at home to Northwich Victoria on Saturday 27th November, kick-off 3.00pm, and then face another home match against West Didsbury & Chorlton FC on Tuesday 30 November, kick-off 7.45pm.

Ian Livesey

Club Sponsors