Latest News....Season 2018/19....The 1st Team pre season friendly fixtures are listed below....The first being Daisy Hill away on Saturday, 14th July, followed by four home games.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Useful Links 
Photo Gallery 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock recorded their biggest win in the League 8-0 over Holker Old Boys. Mark Adams 3, Anthony Hough 2, Jon Hession, Matt Davison and Ashley Young scored the goals.
Charnock Richard 8 Holker Old Boys 0

Tuesday 11th April 2017, Hallmark Security League Division 1

Att: 116

Team: Adam Halton, Spencer Bibby (Damian Dashti 65), Josh Norgate, Ross O’Farrell, Mike Fletcher, Ashley Young, Matt Davison, Anthony Hough (Jack Sanders 65), Carl Grimshaw, Jon Hession (Danny Smith 75), Mark Adams. Subs: (Not Used) Joe Fielding, Luke Gibson.

This high-scoring win over Holker Old Boys saw Charnock move to the top of the table on 82 points but, with the four teams below them no more than three points behind, the promotion places are still very much up for grabs. The visitors arrived at Mossie Park safe in the knowledge that their place in the North West Counties League was confirmed for another season and with a squad which consisted of only 12 players they found Charnock in rampant mood. The Villagers had taken their foot of the gas on the previous Saturday having established a 3-0 lead over Daisy Hill by half time but having again scored three goals in the first half on this occasion Charnock maintained their impetus to hit home another five goals for a record 8-0 win in the NWCL.

Manager Andy Westwell only made one change from the side that beat Daisy Hill, Matt Davison started for the absent Mark Woods. Luke Gibson back from holiday joined Damian Dashti, Joe Fielding, Jack Sanders and Danny Smith on the bench. It was a fine evening but with a chilly wind which gave some assistance to the team playing towards the Charter Lane end. Once again the attendance was very satisfactory with 116 paying for admission.

Charnock lost the toss so they kicked off playing towards the Mawdesley Plantation end. The recent warm, dry spell of weather had resulted in the pitch improving considerably and Charnock took advantage from the start. However it was Holker who created the first real chance with a ball delivered from the right to John-Paul Stanway, on the edge of the area he made room to fire a shot just past the post. Charnock settled down and began to produce some high tempo football that had the visitors on the back foot. However, the visitors’ defence stood up well, with their three central defenders, ably marshalled by skipper Phil Coombe, keeping goal chances to a premium. In fact it was the visitors who again came closest to taking the lead on 21 minutes, a cross from the right catching out the home defence and Mike Fletcher did really well to get back and scramble the ball away at the back post. Two minutes later Charnock at last breached the visiting defence, Matt Davison getting in from the right, Ross Liddicott in goal did really well to get a hand to the shot but when the ball came to ANTHONY HOUGH his shot might have been going wide but it struck a defender and was diverted into the net. Perhaps the dubious goal committee would have decreed it an own goal but with no video facilities at this ground Anthony takes the credit. Charnock maintained their grip on the game, Liddicott doing really well to push a Grimshaw header out for a corner and the same player then had two shots blocked before on 28 minutes Charnock increased their lead. A throw in on the right saw the ball delivered to YOUNG on the edge of the area his superb volley gave Liddicott no chance as it soared into the top corner of the net. Hession then had a header saved by the busy visiting keeper. Holker had spells of moving the ball around sweetly and after one of their corners Gareth Smith produced a great through ball which almost saw Stanway go clear. Charnock made it 3-0 on 44 minutes when HOUGH hit the ball home from the edge of the area; no doubt about the validity of this goal. It was Anthony’s fifth goal in the last six games, it would appear that taking over the number 8 has given him some of the goal scoring abilities of the former wearer of the shirt, club legend Andy Roberts.

Half time and once again Charnock were in a match winning position, it was a question of would they push on in the second half or lose momentum as in the previous match? Well the Villagers did not give up and whilst the Old Boys continued to compete right up to the final whistle they could no prevent Charnock scoring another five goals. Mark Adams had an impressive autumn, a constant threat down the left he hit home 12 goals in the run up to Christmas however injury has curtailed his performances since the New Year. A few weeks ago the club that we were visiting were noticeably relieved to find out that he was not in the squad. He has returned in the last couple of weeks and in this game he was back to his best picking up a richly deserved hat-trick and setting up two other goals. Between the 53rd and 68th minutes Charnock scored four goals as they produced a level of football not seen for a number of weeks. Mark Adams ran clear on 53 minutes to arc a shot just inside the far post and then after Grimshaw struggled to control a centre he picked up the ball to play HESSION in on the right and he made no mistake. Charnock should have had a penalty on 60 minutes when Hough got into the 6 yard box on the left and was floored by a definite trip but the referee decreed no foul. Three minutes later MARK ADAMS cut in from the left and again found the corner of the net to make it 6-0 and on 68 minutes it was Adams delivering from the left and DAVISON running in from the right turning the ball home from a central position. Charnock had introduced Damian Dashti for Spencer Bibby and Jack Sanders for Anthony Hough as Andy Westwell chose to give his substitutes game time. And on 75 minutes he made his third and final substitution with Danny Smith replacing Jon Hession. Perhaps after such an impressive 15 minutes it was no surprise that Charnock lost a little impetus and Holker came more into the game but they created very little up front as Charnock continued to knock the ball around confidently. There was two minutes remaining when MARK ADAMS completed his hat-trick shooting home from a central position and Charnock had recorded their biggest win in the league to date.

An important Easter now looms with Charnock away at Prestwich Heys, who cannot be ruled out of making a play-off place, on Saturday 15th April and then hosting Sandbach United, who are 6th in the table, on Easter Monday. Both matches kick off at 3.00pm.

Keith Reader

Club Sponsors