Latest News......Saturday 24th August.....The 1st Team drew 1-1 at home to Longridge Town in the FA Cup....The Reserves lost 5-1 at Walney Island.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Sponsorship Brochure 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock lost 5-3 at league leaders City of Liverpool in the midweek fixture. The goals for Charnock came from Carl Grimshaw x 2 and a late penalty from James Walker.
City of Liverpool 5 Charnock Richard 3

Tuesday 13th Nov 2018, Hallmark Security League Premier Division


Attendance : 401


Charnock Richard : Halton, Noblet, Walker, O'Farrell, Schofield, Carsley, Woods, Fairhurst, Grimshaw (c), Westwell, Ball. Subs : Higham (for Ball 70'), Oxley (for Westwell 62'), McNally (for O'Farrell 70')

City of Liverpool FC : Wolland, Denson (c), Thompson, McEllin, Dalton, Brown, Holt, Hazlehurst, Cairns, McDonald, Foy. Subs : Peterson (for Cairns 70'), Forbes, Williams, Clair (for Holt 79'), Scarth (for Hazlehurst 84')

Charnock were dealt a masterclass against top of the table City of Liverpool FC at the home of Bootle FC.

Manager Andy Westwell named 3 changes to the starting eleven from last Tuesday's game in the Lancashire Challenge Trophy, striker Carl Grimshaw returned from suspension, as Joe Noblet dropped into the full back position and O'Farell moved in to replace Jack Sanders, who has since left the club to join Leek Town. Troy Carsley came into the starting line up in place of the injured Danny Regan.

The first 5 minutes were a clear sign of things to come for Charnock as City of Liverpool with an early corner and a header by McDonald from a cross which rippled the side netting. Adam Halton had to be alert to parry a shot away by the lively Cairns after breaking the off-side trap, as Halton also held the follow-up cross. The home side's Jamie McDonald was shown a yellow for retaliation, but soon after they went ahead. A long pass was sent down the right, and with two touches, Jacob HAZLEHURST brought the ball down, and took it around Halton. His third touch was the finish that the move craved, rolling the ball into the unguarded net.

City of Liverpool, being on top throughout the first quarter of the game, saw Denson strike the top of the crossbar floating a free kick over the 5-man Charnock wall. But, Charnock were starting to get into the game, and on 25 minutes found themselves level. Ash Ball nodding the ball back across goal from a long cross, and Carl GRIMSHAW finished in the six yard box by scooping the ball over his head to give the marksman the goal. Two minutes later, and another Denson free kick this time hit the top of the stand, and a Cairns shot from an acute angle hit the side of the goal. City of Liverpool went back ahead on 34 minutes, a route one move down the right ended when Craig CAIRNS finished with power with a first time shot. By 40 minutes, they were further ahead as a half hearted clearance at the back saw the ball fall to Francis FOY to sweep home the ball from inside the area.

Half Time – City of Liverpool 3-1 Charnock Richard

In the first minute of the second half, Charnock should've got a goal back. A free kick on the left was delivered into the edge of the six yard box, but neither Grimshaw nor Carsley could get their head onto it. Down the other end and Hazlehurst was pulling the strings up front, twisting in the area to take Walker out the attack, his shot deflected away for a corner. The resultant kick was headed back from the rear, and it was cleared off the line by Ross O'Farrell. McDonald could've put the home side further ahead, but his shot cannoned off the legs of Halton, and Halton made another good save, catching Cairns' shot above his head. The game was put out of reach on 74 minutes. Substitute Thomas PETERSON rising in the six yard box to put home a left wing cross. He grabbed his second goal 4 minutes later, Schofield's back header sent the City of Liverpool forward away racing through and comfortably finishing past the hapless Halton. But the scoring didn't end there, as two minutes Charnock made it 5-2, with that man GRIMSHAW getting his second of the game heading a left wing centre. In the closing moments, James WALKER gave the scoreline an air of respectability, dispatching the penalty kick emphatically past Wolland, after Oli Oxley had been fouled in front of goal.

Full Time – City of Liverpool 5-3 Charnock Richard

Website Man of the Match – James Walker

Ian Livesey

Club Sponsors