Latest News......Saturday 24th August.....The 1st Team are at home to Longridge Town in the FA Cup....The Reserves make another trip to Barrow-in-Furness, this time to face Walney Island. Both games 3pm kick off.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Sponsorship Brochure 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock Richard opened the 2008/9 season’s Goldline Trophy campaign with a 6-0 win at Prestwich Heys, who finished the game with only nine men.
Prestwich Heys 0 Charnock Richard 6 - Goldline Trophy Group Match 1

Wed 23rd July 2008, Goldline Trophy Group Match 1 of 3.


Scorers : Hayton 2, Roberts 2, King, Mayers.

Team: Baldwin, Pennington, Banks, Priestley, Best, King, Grimshaw, Dashti, Mayers, Hayton, Dalton. Subs: Roberts, Sanderson, Jackson, Xuereb, Bennett.

Charnock Richard opened the 2008/9 season’s Goldline Trophy campaign with a 6-0 win at Prestwich Heys who finished the game with only nine men. Two early goals gave Charnock an encouraging start but Prestwich had a couple of chances before half time as Charnock lost the initiative. Prestwich opened the second half brightly but when Charnock scored again and their heads dropped and from there on the Charnock win was never in doubt.

After a rather scrappy start and Charnock almost took the lead after nine minutes but the home keeper got a hand to a Jamie Dalton centre to prevent Mayers scoring. Charnock took the lead after 13 minutes when Dalton was brought down from behind by Monks and HAYTON scored from the spot. Charnock built on this early goal and added to it after 17 minutes when a hand ball just outside the corner of the penalty area saw KING hit a great free kick that rebounded into the net off the back post. Slowly Preswich came more into the game as Charnock appeared to lose the initiative in midfield
A couple of chances fell to Prestwich’s Jolly but he failed to trouble Baldwin and then Maynard had a powerful shot just past the post as Charnock finished the half on the defensive.

Prestwich had the better of the early second half exchanges but Dashti won the ball on the right after 50 minutes and LIAM HAYTON broke clear to ride a tackle and beat Murphy to make the score 3-0. Prestwich’s heads dropped and they were a spent force for the remainder of the game. Charnock added to their score after 56 minutes when King got down the left and his low centre was turned home by MAYERS at the near post. Charnock made it 5-0 on 60 minutes when substitute Roberts side stepped a tackle on the right of the goal and his shot beat the keeper and was diverted into the net by a defender. Two minutes later keeper Murphy’s mis-kicked a clearance went straight to Bennett on the edge of the area he foolishly brought him down to receive a red card The substitute keeper Morrissey saved Hayton’s penalty. The resulting corner taken by Bennett was headed home by ROBERTS. Prestwich’s Smith received a second yellow card after 71 minutes and the remainder of the game saw Charnock play the ball around with understandably little attacking threat from the nine men home team.

A win against Hindsford on Monday 28th should see Charnock qualifying for the quarter finals.

Keith Reader

Club Sponsors