Latest News.....Pre Season friendly fixtures.....Saturday, 20th July.....The 1st Team are at home against CLITHEROE, kick off 3pm.....The Reserves make the short journey to face Standish St Wilfreds, kick off 2pm.
Club Information
Latest News 
Club History 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
1st Team
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Sponsorship Brochure 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 

 Latest News
Date                                             Headlines


Charnock lost for the second time this season to Litherland REMYCA, going down 3-2 at the Litherland Sports Park. The Charnock goals came from an own goal and a second half penalty from Carl Grimshaw.
Litherland REMYCA 3 Charnock Richard 2

Wednesday 17th October 2018, Hallmark Security League Premier Division


Attendance 105


Charnock : Halton, Regan, Fitton, O'Farrell, Carsley, Noblet, Adams, Westwell, Grimshaw, O.Oxley, Higham. Subs : Ralph (for Higham 82'), Hession (for O.Oxley 87'). Not used : Darcy, C.Oxley, S.Bibby

Litherland REMYCA : Walker, Connor, Crist, Kamara, Riley, Cato, Gregson, Clements, Donnelly, Jevons, Myers. Subs : Dobson (for Connor 67'), Scott (for Gregson 83') McDonald (for Donnelly 90'). Not used : Foy, Cowderoy.

Charnock were beaten at the hands of Litherland REMYCA for the second time this season after a poor first half which saw the Villagers go into the break 3-1 down, but the home side had their goalkeeper to thank for a second half display which restricted Charnock to just the one goal.

Changes were made to the side that fell to defeat in the Buildbase FA Vase 4 days previously, as they included Matt Westwell making his full debut for his Fathers side. Jack Sanders was absent to a suspension after picking up 5 yellow cards so far this season and Ross O'Farrell returned to the side from a one match suspension.

Things couldn't have got off to a worse start for Charnock. After just 1 minute on the clock, hesitation in the Villagers defence saw Adam Halton's punch out a forward ball, it was played back into the left side of the penalty area and Warren JEVONS, who caused problems in the FA Cup tie in August, put the home side into a very early lead. Jevons was instrumental in the Litherland attacks, but Charnock dealt with three home corners in a row quite comfortably. After a frantic start, the game had settled down by the 15th minute, and after Litherland's Myers flashed a shot just wide of Halton's left hand post, Charnock started to settle into a rhythm. Carl Grimshaw was caught offside from Jordyn Fitton's long ball down the left, and a minute later Oli Oxley's run down the right wing resulted in a 25 yard low effort from the Charnock number 10 drifting wide. Following a Litherland corner, the base of Halton's post was struck by George Donnelly and Carl Grimshaw floated a 20 yard shot past the post in Charnock's response. Charnock were level ten minutes before the break. Mark Adams getting the better of his man on the right, and his cross was turned in by the unfortunate KAMARA. But parity only lasted 5 minutes in a horrid three minute spell for the Villagers. With five minutes of the half remaining, Adam Halton miskicked a Litherland through-ball, and DONNELLY capitalised on the error by scoring into an empty net. Three minutes later, it was 3-1 to the home side. Warren Jevons again making all the work, as his shot rattled the post for the second time in the game, the ball kindly falling to Jack Connor who sidefooted home from a yard out.

After half time, Charnock summounted the fightback, and they were duly rewarded with a penalty for a trip on Oxley. GRIMSHAW netting his twelfth goal of the season by sending Walker the wrong way. It looked like Oxley was about to grab the equaliser for Charnock three minutes after with a driving shot from 10 yards, but Walker was on hand with a fine save to his right. Walker proved to be a thorn in the side with a string of saves that kept Charnock out further. Troy Carsley's name was taken after fouling Donnelly just on the edge of the area, but Jevons free kick was sent straight at Halton. Walker at the other end, smartly kept out Grimshaw's goalbound header and a minute later, a Litherland defender on the line cleared Grimshaw's nod. On 63 minutes, yet another good save kept home side a goal up. Oli Oxley's run down the left this time drew Walker out into no-mans-land, but the touch from Oxley sent the ball to the byline. Oxley recovered, and drilled a shot towards goal, but Walker had also recovered to tip the shot onto the post. Danny Regan's name was also taken by the referee for a foul on Myers down the left. Noblet's free kick on the left almost met Westwell, but somehow Litherland cleared just in time to deny the midfielder a goal. Charnock thought they'd finally got the equaliser on 74 minutes, but it was ruled out for a foul on Walker in the Litherland goal. A minute to go, and the home side should've gone further ahead, only for Halton to deny Donnelly with a fine low save. Following this, Ross O'Farrell picked up Charnock's third booking of the night by diving in, but the free kick was wasted. At the other end, O'Farrell could've given the Villagers a last minute equaliser, but he couldn't connect when free from a corner.

Charnock are next in action this Saturday at home to Runcorn Town of the Premier Division, in the First Round of the Macron Cup, 3pm kick off at Mossie Park.

Ian Livesey

Club Sponsors