Latest News - Saturday, 22nd April....The 1st Team lost 2-1 at Widnes....The Reserves won 5-0 at home to Ashton Athletic Reserves....The Academy drew 2-2 at home to Chipping.
Club Information
Name
Home 
Latest News 
Club History 
Honours 
How to Find Us 
Officials & Contacts 
Junior Website 
Our Sponsors 
 
1st Team
Name
Fixtures & Results 
Match Reports 
League Table 
Player Stats 
Player Profiles 
 
Reserves
Name
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
 
Academy
Name
Fixtures & Results 
League Table 
Player Stats 
 
Miscellaneous
Name
Sponsorship 
Useful Links 
Photo Gallery 
Scores Predictions 
Club Merchandise 
Administration 



Club Information
 History of the Club
In 1933 the Chorley Sunday League became the Chorley Alliance League and a Charnock Richard village team was entered, but on the outbreak of the Second World War the league and team were temporarily suspended. At the end of the War, in 1945, the Chorley Alliance League was reformed along with Charnock Richard F.C. The team proved to be a tremendous success, eventually winning the league title in the 1947/48 season, losing only two games, and scoring 107 goals. This success prompted them to try and run two teams, but they ran into difficulties and the club closed at the end of the 1948/49 season.

In 1955, under the leadership of Ron Wilcox, the present club was reformed, and once again played in the Chorley Alliance League. In 1957 they moved to the Preston & District League, where they have spent most of their time, apart from a brief flirtation with the Bolton Combination. In the Preston & District League they were soon amongst the honours, beating English Electric in 1957/58 to take the Guildhall Cup. Success also came in this competition in seasons 1963/64, 1968/69, and more recently in 1992/93. A number of league championships have also come their way, including winning the Premier League in 1989/90.

The 1967/68 season saw the village team take the Lancashire Amateur Shield, beating Vickers Sports Club from Barrow after a replay. Further success came in the Shield in seasons 2001/2, 2006/7, 2010/11 and 2011/12.

In 1993 the club moved to the West Lancashire League, and since then both the First and Second teams have gained promotion to the top division of their respective sections. They have also been successful in the West Lancashire League, winning the Premier Championship seven times in seasons 1997/98, 2003/04, 2008/9, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15. They also won the League’s Richardson Cup in 2001/02, 2003/04, 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16. Numerous other honours have also come their way over the years including two Goldline Trophy victories at the Bolton Wanderers Stadium.

The club has however kept its links with the Preston & District League (now renamed the Mid Lancashire Football League) and have an Academy team and Veterans team playing in that league. The three senior teams are now referred to as the First team, Reserve team, and Academy team, and a large number of junior teams play in the Central Lancashire Juniors League, with an under 18’s team playing in the Lancashire Sunday Football League.

The club moved to Mossie Close on Charter Lane in 1968, after playing elsewhere in the village, and the adjoining club house was opened in 1988. A new ground has recently been developed on the opposite side of Charter Lane, known as Mossie Park, which now stages all First amd Reserve team games.

After 23 years in the West Lancashire League, the start of the 2016/17 season saw yet another change of leagues, with the First Team gaining promotion to the Hallmark Security Football League, and the Reserves moving into the West Division of the Lancashire League, but there was no change for the Academy team who remained in the Mid Lancashire League.

Since the club was reformed in 1955 the teams colours have always contained green.
 

Club Sponsors
Main